Emiliano Sciarra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Emiliano Sciarra

Forum di Emiliano Sciarra

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Boothill Characters- first look

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lichking Martin Blazko
Marshall
lichking Martin Blazko

Capricorn Messaggi : 222

Boothill Characters- first look Empty
PostSubject: Boothill Characters- first look   Boothill Characters- first look EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014, 08:58

Dynamite Dick - 4 life points

He is unafected by Dynamite. He may draw Dynamite from discard pile. 

- good in Duel
- good role role Renegade, Sherriph
- until Dynamite is in Discard Pile or on board, no ability

?What does "he is not affected by Dynamite" mean? (Can Dynamite explode at him, but lose 0 life point, or he doesn t "draw"/"reveal" on Dynamete)?

Score: 50

Capt. Barret - 2 life points

At beginning of Sherriph turn, he draw 2 cards

- 2 life points is as challange to play
- weak against mass focus attack
- best is to be to close to sherriph from right side
- good to final
- good as Renegade or Vice, weaker as Sherriph or Bandints

Score: 50

Juan Miranda - 4 life points

Original version:

Each time he was hit, he could "draw!": on Hearts or Diamonds, the character who hit him had to play a Missed! card or lose 1 life point.

- too strong

Score: 120

Alternative version:
Whenever any player cause him to lose a life point, he reveals card: On Hearts or Diamond, that player is target of BANG effect.

- balanced
- playing against him is requirement having 50:50 Missed effect card or Barrel.
- as Sherriph, if he is too strong, bandits can focus on his teammates first, then finish him

Score: 70

Jugde Dread - 4 life point

At the end of his turn, if he had less than 2 cards in hand, he drew 1 card.

- normal character some between Black Jack and Pixie.
- easy for playing for him

Score: 80

July Ann Wislow - 4 life points

In her turn, she drew until she had up to 4 cards in her hand.

- Strong opponet in duel
- it 50:50, has strategy  as Bill Noface (but you focus on card in her hand) (better Bill Noface)
- required to play balanced play- to keep 2 card to next turn, it open her defense
- weak start, 0-1 cards drawn in first rounds

Score: 80

Matthew Hazzard - 4 life points

In case "reveal", he may discard card from hand to use discard card as result of "reveal".

- too weak as 4 life point
+ adding 1 life point or allow to discard card in front him too (I prefer + 1 life point)
- just Dynamite or Jail is stronger with him

Score: 55       70

Dalton Gang - 3 life points

They might hold in their hand twice the normal allowed number of cards, and they began with 6 cards in hand.

- Big advantage in start game than Sean Mallory
- Sean Mallory is better in late game and with more injury
- Easy to lose +3 cards advantages
- good as Renegade, Vice

Score: 60

Will Penny - 4 life points

Each time he was about to lose a card from the hand or in play in front of him, he could choose which card to lose.

- Easy to play for him
- Good defence for card in front him
- Good as Renedage, Vice, maybe Sherriph

?Question: whenever someone target card in his hand (to discard/trade/steal), he can choose even card in front him or just in hand?

SCORE: 70

Tharley Callum - 4 life points

In her turn, she could see the cards in the hand of any one player.

- to strong in final
- he can have good intell/knowledge of cards
- good as Renegade or Bandits
- potencial to slow game execution of his ability

Score: 50-70

Alter version:

1, In his 2 phase, he may force one player to show one card from hand to all player.
2. he could see half card (round up) in hand of any one player, chosen by random

Last edited by lichking Martin Blazko on Wed 29 Jan 2014, 18:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paolo
Vice Sceriffo
Paolo

PostSubject: Re: Boothill Characters- first look   Boothill Characters- first look EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 08:45

Nice rewiew Martin Smile
Although I did not playtested them in early Bang edition, I've played all of them for years!

Dynamite Dick - we play it in literal terms: Dynamite works like usual but he gets no damage. Take care this is just unofficial reply.It's not so funny having only 1-2 cards to use ability, I guess that's the reason for his elimination, but all in all it's a good one to play, especially with Dodge City: no need to fear Dynamite is a dream for me Razz
Another unofficial version (Dynamite Joe) allowed to take Dyna from discard pile and use it again but he was not immune, just he could discard cards from hand to avoid damage (1 card per 1 life).

Capt. Barrett - it would be quite nice but too linked to the table position... at Sheriff turn is quite good if he is last in the table (2 more possible defense for a whole turn) or first in turn (4 cards together), the problem is low defence in general, even in option 1 all in all.
Another unofficial version added immunity to Bang cards, with all the related issues especially with basic set only.

Juan Miranda - it's not so strong and your alternative version is exactly like the original one ;)In other words his 'automatic' Bang can be avoided by missing it (Missed or Missed-effect-cards).

Jugde Dread - interesting one all in all, some strategy needed but actually the draw 'after the turn' looks it was discarded in general (e.g. Capt.Barrett).

July Ann Winslow - deadly one if she manages to use as much cards as possible, the problem is some kind of stall, in some conditions, opponent(s) may use General Store to give cards to her, and once with 4 cards they may just draw to infinity.A minimum of 1 card would be necessary like Bill Noface.

Matthew Hazard - this is funny and not so weak, I agree today would be probably set to 5 life points, but I've played it several times in the original version: at the right time he may be decisive against opponents or in favour of allies.

Dalton Gang - stronger than he (or they Razz) looks like. Although we know that Sean Mallory is damn powerful once he is able to collect cards, we also know that is a tricky goal for him. Dalton Gang should rather be compared with other 'classic' characters: he starts with a huge amount of cards 6 which means 8 during first turn (wow), and in any condition he is always able to organize a good hand (how to duel him when he has got 6 cards? How to find him without a defense?). Even at 1 life point he is still able to defend with 2 cards, and 1 lonely Beer would be enough to get back to a typical (4) hand.

Will Penny - we play it separating hand and table cards, but once again is just an unofficial reply. He is a strategical and very strong one, probably the strongest of the whole Boothill unless the ability looks not showy. Imagine him with Dodge City cards in the table like Pony Express or Conestoga, to not speak about horses! Same in hand: imagine him with 2 cards, a Missed and a useless one... Cat... he discards always the useless one!

Tharley Callum - this ability comes back in playtest every time and then  clown  Actually I don't like it too much in 'serious' games, but it's funny, perfect for a WWS-style expansion IMHO!
__

You forgot one:

Jaremy Baile - "Each time a player drew a card from his hand or in play in front of Jaremy, that player had to lose 1 life point".
Intractable one, I guess discarded because blocking too much the game... almost no way to touch his cards, but at the same time weak with only 3 lifes without Dodge City by the classic Bang attacks. With DC he becomes more funny and deadly  Cool
Back to top Go down
lichking Martin Blazko
Marshall
lichking Martin Blazko

Capricorn Messaggi : 222

PostSubject: Re: Boothill Characters- first look   Boothill Characters- first look EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 18:54

Paolo wrote:

Matthew Hazard - this is funny and not so weak, I agree today would be probably set to 5 life points, but I've played it several times in the original version: at the right time he may be decisive against opponents or in favour of allies.

I didn t releaze/register that he can his ability at any player's "draw[reveal]". So than he is better that I thoght before. 

Don t touch Dynamite, it is highly explosive. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boothill Characters- first look   Boothill Characters- first look Empty

Back to top Go down

Boothill Characters- first look
Page 1 of 1